Monday, July 4, 2016

CAPTURE THE STARS

Good Milky Way photos are hard to acomplish but the results are amazing when the photos came out as planned. Last weekend I decided to make another try.
That are a few things that we need to do to prepare for a Milky Way shoot:

First we need to know the moon phase. For that I usually go to a site where I can see the moon calendar/phases.


You just need to choose the correct Hemisphere (Southern, Northen) depending on where you are in the world. The perfect phase is when there is a New Moon or near that.

Another important thing is to check the weather to see if the sky it's not going to be cloudy.

Use a tripod.

Check the light pollution. You can find out online where there is less pollution


Finally you can use software to help you locate the Milky Way. In my case I use Stellarium. You can use it on PC/MAC/... (Free) or on your phone/tablet (paid). With GPS on, you'll easily find the Milky Way.

My photos are far from perfect because I was shooting near a village and I had a lot of light pollution. I've used light painting technique to paint my foreground to make the photos a little more interesting. I've also took some photos without stars, only with light painting.

Here are some of the photos :













No comments:

Post a Comment